Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the YWCA! Below you will find some of the volunteer opportunities we have available, broken down by program.
Click HERE to start your volunteer application form. For questions, please call (608) 752-5445 ext. 216 or email email@example.com.
- Alternative to Violence Shelter (Office)
- Alternatives to Violence Shelter (Advocate)
- YWCA Reception
- Support Groups and Training
- Building Maintenance
- Answer helpline & text line
- Answer doors to let in residents, volunteers, staff and approved guests
- Monitor security cameras and report issues to staff
- Conduct intake for new clients, including: filling out paperwork, review expectations and log medication(s)
- Sort and put away donations, supplies and food
- Keep updated client logs, to enhance communication between staff and volunteers during each shift
- Conduct facility tour for new clients
- Assist mothers who redeem “20-minute coupons”
- Assist Child/Family Advocate with shelter activities
- Cleaning rooms after a client leaves the shelter (includes some laundry)
Step-in for receptionist during breaks, which may include answering phones and preparing mailings.
- Provide respite childcare in our playroom during support groups
- Assist our Child and Family Advocate in special art or training projects
- Assist with woodwork, plumbing or painting
- Help with intermediate repairs
- Grounds keeping, which includes weeding, gardening, raking and snow removal