Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Please submit the completed Volunteer Application to our Volunteer Coordinator, Clint Anderson. Volunteer Application
Clint Anderson: email@example.com
608-752-5445 ext. 222
- Alternative to Violence Shelter Office Advocate
- Alternatives to Violence Shelter Advocate
- YWCA Reception/Office
- Event Assistance
- Support Groups and Training
- Building Maintenance
- Answer the helpline & textline, appropriately respond to crisis and information/referral calls & rec-ord in logbook
- Answer the gate & doors; letting in residents, volunteers, staff, and approved guests
- Monitor security cameras, appropriately report any issues to staff
- Conduct intake process for new clients, which includes: filling out necessary intake paperwork, re-view of expectations, logging any medication(s)
- Assist with the sorting and putting away of donations, supplies, food, etc.
- Record in client log to enhance communication between staff & volunteers during each shift
- Conduct facility tour after intake process for new clients
- Assist mothers with children by fulfilling 20 minute coupons
- Assist Child/Family Advocate with youth and/or family activities
- Assist with cleaning rooms after a client exits the shelter, including laundry
Answer business phone, transfer calls, take messages, relieve receptionist during lunch, special projects, and prepare mailings
Join committees that plan, prepare, and execute YWCA fundraising events or help the day of for set-up, tear-down, registration, etc.
Provide respite childcare in our playroom during support groups. Assist our Child and Family Advocate in special art or training projects
Assist with light woodwork, light plumbing, painting, simple to intermediate repairs, grounds keeping, weeding gardening, raking, and snow removal